Thursday, November 19, 2009

FRIENDS AT ART OF THE CAROLINAS

Left to Right
BRENDA MATTSON, STEVE QUILLER,
ROCKY ALEXANDER

Art of the Carolinas wrapped up on Sunday afternoon in North Raleigh, NC. The event was busy and offered over 40 instructors teaching a WIDE range of classes. I was blessed to work with three of great folks. Rocky Alexander is a NC resident. She teaches a variety of classes and workshops in NC. It was an amazing experince to have her demonstrating in the Richeson booth for three days. She taught me amazing things about our Richeson Oils I did not know!

Stephen Quiller flew in from Creede Colorado to teach Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Steve is an amazing instructor and an incredible painter. The students ALWAYS rave about his classes. Over the four days he taught watercolor, watermedia, use of color and casein. I truly hated to say good bye to our friend at the end. However, I know as much as Steve loves teaching, he was REALLY excited about going home to Creede and an early snow!

Brenda Mattson taught classes all four days also. Brenda does work with pastel that most painters only dream about! In addition Brenda taught a collage class and mixed media class. It has been exciting watching Brenda expand her teaching into the other areas! In between classes Brenda helped me in the booth. I truly don't know what I would have done without Brenda's help in the booth!

If you get a chance to attend this show next year we would love to see you!