Monday, September 21, 2009

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE


UK ON SATURDAY
MARATHON ON SUNDAY!!!!
I suspect when most people think about "Life in the Fast Lane", they are thinking Fast Cars, lost of money, and parties. When you are involved in a family business, life in the fast lane takes on an ENTIRELY different meaning!
Saturday morning I was gazing out a Hotel window in the UK....at 2:30pm I boarded an overseas flight for Minneapolis. I got home about 10pm Saturday night. Sunday Morning at 5:15 am we were headed for the Fox Cities Marathon where my husband Greg and I did a 13.1 mile walk and my son Scott(pictured with us above) did a 26 mile run. This is MY life in the fast lane.
In a family business you sometimes can't just walk out the door at 5pm...sometimes work overflows into the evening and weekends.....still to keep life in order and meaningful, Family and those issues in life one is passionate about MUST have a Priority. Sometimes that means a smidge less sleep and a craziness at times. It is a balance I often fail to achieve but know deep in my heart must be strived for.
I am grateful for the craziness.....thankful for family and that in a crazy world, we have work!