Wednesday, September 16, 2009

PAPER MILL VISIT

WATER INLET FROM THE RIVER AXE
Today was a fantastic day! I spent the day at the Mill that produces our Premium Watercolor papers. If you had asked me when I was 25 if I would enjoy spending a day at a factory, I would most likely have looked at you as if you had lost a few marbles. Today I LOVE exploring the factories we use for our specialized product!
This day was a day of learning! The picture above is from a small inlet that draws water from the River Axe. This particular river is especially suited to making non alkeline papers for the fine art market due to the mineral deposits in the water from the Limestone located in the Mendip Hills. It is from these Hills, the river obtains run off containing mineral deposits
More tomorrow on other stages of the paper making process!