Thursday, August 20, 2009

SCOTLAND HERE I COME!

Via Amsterdam
I made it! Yesterday morning at 8am my wonderful husband Greg drove me to the Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay. My flight for Detroit was scheduled to depart at 10am launching the start of my Great Adventure to Scotland for our Maggie Price Pastel Workshop in the Highlands.
All went well with the flights. My overseas flight left from Detroit and flew to Amsterdam. Amazingly all were on time! I LOVE going into overseas gift shops (Ask Greg! I make him crazy with my love of "looking", He is SURE I will miss my flight one day) so my four hour layover was a treat rather than trauma.
Maggie and Bill met me in the arrivals area at Edinburgh Airport at 10:30am this morning. We picked up the rental car and headed to BEAUTIFUL Kenmore Scotland which is where I am typing this blog from.
It is now 8:15pm here in Scotland. 2:15pm for those on CST. I have managed to stay awake and not nap after arriving. I have always found if I can do that, I fall into bed Catatonic...sleep through the night and wake up refreshed and ready to take on whatever life has for me in my temporary home for the next 12 days. With that I am off to bed! More daily.
DON'T MISS CHECKING OUT MAGGIE'S WWEB SITE ON THE RIGHT. It will be fun to hear her vantage on our adventure and see her pics.